To provide compassionate and expert care of patients with disorders of the motor neuron, peripheral nerve, neuromuscular junction and muscle. These disorders include:
- Charcot-Marie Tooth Disease and other Inherited Neuropathies
- Guillain Barré Syndrome
- Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy (CIDP) and other immune mediated neuropathies
- Diabetic Neuropathy
- Neuropathies of undetermined cause
Motor Neuron Diseases
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy
Neuromuscular Junction Disorders
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Lambert-Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome
- Congenital Myasthenic Syndromes
Muscle Disorders and Pathology
- Muscular Dystrophies
- Congenital Myopathies
- Polymyositis, Dermatomyositis and Inclusion Body Myositis
- Peripheral Neuropathies
- To be actively involved in clinical and basic science research that will improve our knowledge of the neuromuscular disorders and lead to new treatments for patients.
- To utilize the knowledge gained from research in the care of our patients
- To work with local, national and international physicians, scientists and patient organizations to improve the lives of people with neuromuscular disorders.
- To educate medical students, residents, fellows and scientists in the workings of the peripheral nervous system and neuromuscular disorders.